Monday, August 30, 2010

It's a boy!

On Wednesday May 26th at 5:14 am Asher Urijah Kaizen made his big debut. After almost 12 hrs of labor (I'll save you the details) he weighed in at 8 lbs 10 oz and measured 20" long. After waiting for almost 2 weeks for him to come he finally did. Thank goodness! My midwife and Doctors kept telling me how big I was already measuring and I was convinced my body couldn't stretch anymore. My midwife just shook her head at me at my appointment Tuesday afternoon. She said she was expecting a phone call from me all weekend and couldn't believe I still hadn't had that baby. As I was leaving the office she jokingly said "so I'll see you tonight right?". I laughed and said I sure hope so. I was home for a few hours and started having mild and irregular contractions around 5:30 pm on Tuesday evening. Finally around 8:oo pm, when my contractions were about every 10 minutes apart I told Don that this was it and we should probably think about heading to the birth center sooner than later. After all this was my 3rd baby and I was already 4 cm dilated and my midwife was convinced my labor was going to be fast. Her prediction was 3hrs. I called my mom at home and let her know that nugget was on his/her way and she got in her car and started her 3 1/2 hr journey. She was afraid she was going to miss the birth. We finally got in the car arrived at the birth center around midnight. After almost 12 hours of labor, my longest labor yet, (not the 3 hrs we were expecting) Nugget arrived. I got to help catch "nugget' and Don announced "It's a boy!" We couldn't be happier! He is absolutely perfect, and a wonderful addition to our family. After 1 day in the birth center we went home where he got to meet his crazy brother and sister that he had been listening to over the last 9 months. Caden gave him a kiss and Téa said "Mommy, it's a baby!" Since then she has been obsessed with him. We feel so blessed.

He's here!!!!!!!




A very proud Daddy



Check out those cheeks!

Mamma, Mommy and Asher after just arriving at home


A very excited big sister



T-shirts I made for them

They each got a gift from the baby. Caden got a puzzle and Téa got a magna doodle.



Our newest addition to the family.
She loves her baby brother.


No comments: