Monday, January 25, 2010

Finally coming together

FINALLY, the workers finished the job and attached the remaining section and closed up all the seams. The kids and I recently spent a week down south working on the house. It's finally starting to take shape and feel like our own. Unfortunately, the week we came down was the week of the big storm. There is no electricity hooked up to the house yet so the kids and I froze inside. I had them in triple layers and beanies. They looked like they were ready for the snow. However, as cold as we were I really can't complain because my Dad and Don were outside in the pouring rain pouring more cement. They were determined to pour the curbing around the house this trip. They were both major troopers and actually completed the job. I told Don that he was officially a Suey Creek resident.

Mommy's little helper
Don and my dad pouring cement in the rain
Good work honey!
Pouring the curb

A very wet and dirty Daddy

The living room with the new paneling and paint
Mommy's little leech
The kitchen and living room
More of the kitchen and living room


Téa pretending to paint the walls
Caden's turn

Enjoying their lunch
The master bedroom before
And after


More of my little "helpers"
The laundry room/office


2 comments:

The Fogle Family said...

Love all of the pictures! Can't wait to see you in person...just a few more weeks!!

Kat said...

Wow guys that looks amazing! Way to go! I'm so excited to see it in real life.

p.s. my word verification to post is "dingl" Like dingle-berry -- I totally win right now.