Monday, May 17, 2010

Don's 34th Birthday

Daddy recently celebrated his 34th birthday. Unfortunately, his birthday happened to fall during the busiest week (Dr.'s appointments, Téa's birthday and our move). As a result we had a quiet celebration here at the house. I made him a small alien space craft cake and mini cupcakes. The cakes were for him to share with the people at work. Leila however had other plans for the cupcakes. I had to leave the house for half and hour to go pick up Caden from school. It was raining outside so I thought I'd be nice and leave the dogs in the house, after all I was only going to be gone for 30 minutes. Well, when I returned the first thing I see is a very guilty looking dog and the second thing I see is cupcake wrappers all over the kitchen floor. Leila had managed to get them off the counter and eat all but 2 of the cupcakes. I was too tired to kill her myself so I tried to sell her for dog meat but lucky for her there were no takers. Fortunately, I had already taken pictures and she had left the mini cake so we were still able to have a little celebration.

The alien cake



The mini cake with the plastic covering
The kids excited for Daddy's birthday
Make a wish
Yum yum
Caden likes cupcakes too if you can't tell

No comments: