Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween

As with tradition, the Kaizen Klan went as a theme this year. Since Sesame Street seems to be what the kids like that's what we went with. Caden went as Elmo, Téa went as Abby Caddabby, Don went as Count von Count, and I went as Big Bird. I think the kids had more fun watching Mommy and Daddy get ready then anything else. Caden wasn't too fond of his Elmo costume at first as you can see from the picture below, but after a few minutes he got into the Halloween spirit. This year was the first year he said "trick or treat". We did let him get off his gluten and casein free diet for a day. We decided one day wasn't going to kill him and he needs to be able to be a kid. He had so much fun on Halloween that he still tells me "trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat." He's such a funny kid.

Caden hating his costume : (
And later passed out after a long night
Little Abby Caddabby

Daddy as Count von Count

Mommy as Big Bird

Pumpkin carving time

I let the kids play with the insides before I helped them scoop it out.

The finished product
Daddy's pumpkin
Mommy's haunted house
Caden's Elmo pumpkin
Téa's Abby Caddabby pumpkin
Baby #3's little bean pumpkin
I also made a bunch of treats for Caden's class. Here are some of the goodies I made:

Frankenstein cupcakes
Witch cupcakes
Mummy cupcakes
Gravestone cupcakes
Spider cupcakes
Pumpkin cookie
Cat cookie
Ghost cookie
Witch hat cookie

No comments: